How Much Gold Does 18-Karat Jewelry Contain?

18-karat jewelry contains 75% gold. This means that out of the total weight of the jewelry, 75% of it is pure gold, while the remaining 25% consists of other metals such as copper, silver, or zinc.

The term "karat" is used to describe the purity of gold, with 24 karats being 100% pure gold. Therefore, 18-karat gold is 18/24 or 75% pure gold, while the remaining 25% is made up of other metals.

Jewelry made from 18-karat gold is valued for its high gold content, which gives it a rich, warm color and a lustrous shine. It is also relatively durable, making it a popular choice for engagement rings, wedding bands, and other types of fine jewelry.

Back to blog